This program will update the BIOS on the VAIO notebooks listed below.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Before starting, be sure the notebook is running from AC power. Do not stop the BIOS update
procedure while in progress. Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system!!
1. Download the file Bios_R0121K5.exe to a download directory (please note this directory for reference)
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click Bios_R0121K5.exe to unzip it. The WinZip Self-Extractor program starts.
3. Click Unzip.
4. Click OK. Click Close to exit WinZip Self-Extractor.
5. The file is extracted to the following new directory "C:\R0121K5" (If you entered another directory path in the Unzip to folder box, please note this directory for reference).
Creating a BIOS disk
1. Plug in a USB Floppy disk drive.
2. Go to C:\R0121K5, and double-click CRISDISK.BAT. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Press any key to continue…
4. Insert a new floppy disk in the floppy drive, and press Enter when ready …
5. Enter a volume label for the disk, or just press Enter for none.
6. The program prompts you to format another disk. Type "n". Press any key to continue…
7. The program starts copying files to disk.
8. Press any key to continue…
9. The program writes a boot sector onto the disk.
10. Press any key to continue...
11. The program has successfully created a BIOS crisis disk. Press any key to exit the program.
Updating the BIOS
1. Leave the BIOS disk you"ve just created into the floppy drive.
2. Restart the notebook, and it will boot from the floppy disk.
3. A message appears on the screen asking you if you want to update the BIOS Type "y".
4. Please wait, as the update of the BIOS will take a few minutes to complete. Once the update is complete, the notebook will automatically turns off.
5. Eject the BIOS disk from the drive.
6. Turn on the notebook.
7. At the black VAIO screen, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS Setup.
8. Press the F9 key to load default configurations. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter.
9. Press the F10 key to save changes and exit. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter.
10. After Windows restarts, the installation of the BIOS is complete.
Información de archivo
Nombre de archivo
Arquitectura de archivos
- 32 bit
Tamaño de archivo
- 424 Kb
Fecha de lanzamiento